When you use the graphic preparation process for your own graphics, occasionally they don't come out the way you would like them to.
What you'll learn
When you use the graphic preparation process for your own graphics, occasionally they don't come out the way you would like them to. They are not bold enough, or the colors didn't separate enough to create a strong outline. And, without a strong outline, you don't get good looking embroidery.
You can adjust the boldness of the outlines through the Tracing Options feature.
Using the Tracing Options Feature
- To use this feature, click on Edit in the Menu toolbar. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on Tracing Options... The Tracing Options dialog box will appear.
- There are two sections to the Tracing Options dialog box. The upper section addresses Line Thickness.
What is Line Thickness?
Line thickness is measured by dots. One dot is approximately 1/32". If you are not getting good results creating outlines for your graphic, you can increase the number of dots all the way up to 20 dots. (20 dots equals approximately 1/4".)
If Customizer 10000 recognizes a line thickness greater than your setting, it will split the outline into a hollowed line. By increasing the number of dots, EasyImport will increase the default thickness to a number greater than or equal to the actual thickness. Once the match is correct, you will eliminate the hollowed line effect.
You also have the option to apply the line thickness test only to areas of your graphic that are black or dark gray. The black or dark gray areas are usually outlines. By checking this box, you will eliminate the line test for colored areas of your graphic that aren't outlines.
EasyImport provides a means where you can test the line thickness prior to processing your graphic.
- Click on the down arrow to the right of the Outline icon. A drop-down menu will appear. ClickPreview Outline.
- If your line thickness is not adequate in the Preview window, increase the dot thickness to see how it affects the graphic. Once it is acceptable, click OK. The graphic will be processed and ready to use for stitch assignment.