In-the-Hoop Winter Hand Warmers
Baby It's Cold Outside!
Using scraps of wool and 100% cotton, you can create these in-the-hoop hand warmers in just one hooping. Follow Milinda's easy instructions below to make them. Then, pop them in the microwave before you head out in the frigid cold and your hands will stay warm as you make your way to work or school in the morning.
- 100% solid cotton fabric for the front (6" x 6" or a large enough piece to fit in your hoop)
- 100% wool fabric for backing 6" x 6".
- Embroidery thread
- Tear away stabilizer
- Snowflake embroidery file
- Dried beans for the filler
- Needle and thread
Step 1: Embroider Snowflake
- Hoop the tear away stabilizer beneath the 100% solid cotton fabric.
- Thread the machine with embroidery thread.
- Place the hoop on the machine.
- Open the embroidery file.
- Sew Color 1; Snowflake
Step 2: Backing
- Lay 6" of wool backing over the snowflake embroidery.
- Choose color 2 and sew down the line.
Step 3: Finishing
- Remove from the hoop.
- Trim and clip the curves.
- Turn right side out.
- Fill with white northern beans (or any other dried beans, flax seed or rice).
- Hand stitch the opening.
*Pop in the microwave for 30 seconds and off you go!