1. Use a marker or pen to draw out the main poppy flower and smaller center flower shapes onto the back side of the Heatbond lite. Cut away excess Heatbond lite and follow Heatbond lite instructions to adhere the main poppy flower to the coral piece of fabric, and the smaller center flower shape to the yellow piece of fabric. Trim away excess fabric to reveal the two poppy flower shapes.
2. Using an iron, press the coral poppy flower shape onto the main pillow fabric. Position the yellow, center flower shape and press well with iron.
3. Stabilize this pillow top piece. Use a disappearing ink fabric pen to draw in the petal shapes. Using coral colored thread and the built-in Satin stitch #18 sew along those petal lines to create an embroidered detail and to add dimension to each petal.
4. Using black thread and the built-in Applique stitch #18, sew around the outer most edge of the yellow center flower shape.
5. Use the disappearing ink fabric pen to draw a center smaller circle and use built-in Applique stitch #17 to sew along that line to create the center of the poppy flower.
6. To outline the poppy design, use Applique stitch #9 and sew along the outer most edge of the poppy flower shape.
7. When the sewn details are complete, remove the excess stabilizer, and press from the wrong side.
1. Fold and press one side of each of the 9" x 15" pieces under 1/2" along one 15" side. Fold and press under 1/2" a second time to create a double hem. Using white thread, top stitch hem in place, and edge stitch along fold on each piece.
2. Place the poppy appliqued pillow front fabric piece and the two hemmed back fabric pieces together, with right sides facing, pin in place.
3. Sew around the square with a 1/2” seam, overlapping the start and finish. Trim the corners of the square, and turn right side out. Insert pillow form.