Open Positions at Janome America Inc.
Janome America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Janome America offers an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision health coverage, as well as 401(k) plan, paid vacation, sick and personal days. Janome also offers employees Worker's Compensation Insurance, Bereavement Leave, Jury Duty Leave, Long Term Disability Insurance, Family Leave and Life Insurance. To view Janome America's mission statement, please click here.
Candidates applying for any positions listed, must currently posses the eligibility to work in the U.S. To apply, please submit your resume by e-mail at email@example.com by fax at 201/825-3612 or mail at Janome America, Inc., 10 Industrial Avenue, Ste. 2, Mahwah, NJ 07430, Attn: HR Department.
Janome America is a distributor of household and computerized sewing machines; a subsidiary of Janome Sewing Machine Company in Tokyo, Japan, who are one of the world's largest manufacturers of home sewing machines and leaders and innovators in the home sewing industry. Janome currently has a full time opening at its headquarters in Mahwah, NJ for a Receiving Assistant in the Warehouse Department.
Summary of Position: Coordinates daily operations of receiving sewing machines and parts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains inventory control by keeping accurate daily flow charts for each model.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping racks, pallet area and workstations neat; maintaining a clean shipping supply area; complying with company procedures, rules and regulations.
- Adjust storage space assignments to handle daily flow of machines moving in and out.
- Ability to lift up to 85 Lbs.
- Load/unload incoming and outgoing trucks.
- Receive machines returned for credit are processed timely and stacked into inspection area, assuring timely credit to the dealer.
- Conducts full inventory at the beginning of each month and sends the report via email to the accounting department.
- Good Communication
- Basic Computer Skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes team effor by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Repack machines and restack pallets.
- Ability to work overtime (which may include weekends) during busy times of the month and year.
- Cooperate and follow up with daily tasks or other projects assigned by the Department Supervisor or Manager.
- Knowledge of UPS/FedEx shipping software
- 3 years of warehouse/shipping experience
- Prior forklift experience is required
- Comfortable with corporate computer systems for distribution of products
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the US.
Janome America offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k); paid vacation, sick and personal days.