New Serger Video: Gathering Fabric
How to ruffle the edge of your fabric in one easy step.
The traditional way of making gathers in a piece of fabric with a standard sewing foot involves sewing two rows of threads, and then pulling on the thread tails to gently bunch your material.
How To Gathering One Layer Of Fabric
- Attach Gathering Foot G go your serger.
- Set up for a three thread overedge stitch, with the needle in the left position.
- Use a tight needle tension and a tight lower looper.
- Set your stitch length to 4.
- Set your Differential Feed to 2.
- Be sure the blade is in the UP position.
- Place your fabric under the foot and begin serging. You'll see the machine make perfectly even gathers.
You now have a piece of ruffled fabric to attach to your project.
To see this demonstrated, watch the video Gathering Foot G: Gathering one layer of fabric.
Find Gathering Foot G and all the other optional accessories for your Janome serger and your local dealer.