New Video: Hemmer Foot - 4mm - for the MC12000
An even hem makes everything look better and more professional.
A fancy napkin is just a piece of fabric with a nice hem all the way around. And making a professional looking, double-turned or rolled hem is easy when you have the right presser foot.
This optional accessory is designed for making rolled edges on light to medium weight fabrics. The Hemmer Foot 4mm has a funnel on the front which folds your hem as you stitch. Once you get it started, you can sew a professional looking hem in no time.
How To Use The Hemmer Foot 4mm D2
- Attach the foot to your MC12000.
- On the touch screen go into Utility Stitches and choose a straight stitch.
- Take your fabric and make a slight double-roll the same width as the hemmer foot opening. Then cut the end of the roll at an angle.
- You'll need thread tails to help feed the fabric. To make them, place the fabric, right-side-down, under the foot and lower the needle. Sew two or three stitches. Then remove the fabric, leaving several inches of thread tails.
- Feed the fabric into the little curl on the foot, using the thread tails to help guide it into place.
- Begin sewing, holding the fabric so it continues to curl into the foot.
You end up with a professional-looking hem.
To see this demonstrated, watch the video Hemmer Foot 4mm D2: Creating Professional Rolled Hems.